Wednesday 11 July 2012

Website Up and Running! www.milkriver.org.uk

Its been a long time since my last post but alot of progress has happened within that time. Firstly, I am finally Self Employed! Secondly, after many many hours of hard work www.milkriver.org.uk has gone live! Yay!!!! and Thirdly, started doing festival/shows/fetes.Its been manic but well worth all the hard work.
  1. The initial fear of being my own boss is still very real, its worrying when I've not made many sales but something always comes up. The main thing is to keep records of everything and set up a good book keeping/filling system which I'm in the process of doing.
  2. Setting up the website was very hard. I found that writing the descriptions for each product was so time consuming but obviously well worth it. All the other bits and pieces like meta tags, shipping and 100 and one other things involved in building a site has been exhausting! At times I was calling the help line 2 or 3 times per night (its open 24 hours).
  3. At the very first event I had a stand at I met a photographer guy called Karlton Chambers, and all though I made no money at the event I was happy I went as I met Karlton. I asked him if he would be willing to take photos of my products and he agreed. He took some beautiful photos and I feel he made my site pop! He has been very encouraging and I thank him so much for his hard work and time.
I'm hoping to do Camden Lock this weekend, I have been told by a few people that Camden Lock is quite hard to sell at as there are a lot of tourists that just want to browse or don't really want to spend more than a few pounds.The weather has been so bad here in London so its a gamble but as I'm self employed I need to try any avenue to make some money!

I am also in the process of setting up pampering parties buts that's another post! lol

Till next time.........................

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment